Speaking of Karl Rove and his influence on our democracy, the Ohio Secretary of State has received death threats for protecting voters' rights as Republicans and their right-wing extremist supporters pull out all the stops in their ongoing attempt to rob citizens of the right to vote.
- CNN story
- Black Box Voting report
- NY Times Op-Ed by Paul Krugman on Republican attemtps to Block The Vote.
- Rolling Stone investigative report: Block the Vote.
- Make sure you are registered to vote. A law sponsored by the Bush Administration (Karl Rove, in particular) has resulted in mass purging of previous voter registrations.
- Do not mail in your vote; vote in person.
- Vote early so you have time to resolve any challenges to your vote.
- If your right to vote is challenged, do not accept a provisional ballot. Provisional ballots are most often discarded.
- Make sure you have a valid photo ID and take it with you to the polls.
- Volunteer to register voters and to help get voters to the polls.
- After the election, support efforts to hold the government accountable and make sure the votes are counted.
Steal Back Your Vote! from Greg Palast on Vimeo.