August 11, 2009

Olbermann Is Right; I Am Wrong

In my post of August 9, I expressed my outrage with the healthcare 'AstroTurfers,' calling them "some of the stupidest people on the planet." Last night I listened to Keith Olbermann's special comment on the topic. He is also outraged. But in this special comment, he expresses compassion for demonstrators who are truly frightened at the prospect of healthcare reform.


Keith is correct. The right-wing and insurance-industry spin machines should be ashamed for vicitimizing gullible people who are terrified by what they are hearing.

Compassion is always good, and I am trying to tap into my sense of compassion for people who allow themselves to become wrapped up in this nonsense-based hysteria. But I have to ask, what is it about them that leads them to swallow the absurd propaganda?

I'm struggling to find a good answer to that question. Do you suppose it honestly has nothing to do with skin color?

No comments:

Post a Comment