June 2, 2008

Church on Monday at The Great Holy Temple

Many years ago, I was amply and adequately baptized for life: three times by immersion, one each for the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Yet today, I was baptized once again.

The service was perfect. The choir made my favorite music from lofty branches of lush old trees bordering the sanctuary. Leaves rustling in the wind and the sound of water pooling up from beneath the ground made peaceful accompaniment.

I lay on the ground, soaking up nourishing rays of sunlight, watching puffs of bright white clouds roll across a glorious blue sky. All of my senses received a message of peace and redemption from the chaos of mankind. No other place, no other experience, is so full of the Spirit that nurtures and gives life.

My beautiful hound, devoted companion, Samantha, filled her cheeks at the water pool; I closed my eyes and took a long, deep breath of fresh air. Without warning, Samantha bolted toward me, thrusting her snout in the air in grand celebration, splashing ice cold water across my face, arms, and legs, baptizing me into the everlasting faith of the Great Holy Temple of My Backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment